Sozo Conference '08

This gets a big Dan WWWWWOOWWWW...

What a weekend! It was awesome, it was awful, it was amazing and it was a wild ride! Talk about a roller coaster. But I learned a lot and grew a lot and I am still processing. The Sozo folks from Bethel Church in Redding, Ca. are gifted teachers and administers of emotional/spiritual healing. I went on Friday to be in the "hot seat" for a Sozo with somoene from the Bethel team. This was good because it gave me a chance to see them in action. I was able to observe how they work, see what I did and did not like in how they did things and decide what to do and not do when we are ministering here. It was very confirming to see that they work very similarly to how we do on our Sozo team. YAY!

And now, a few pictures from the trip. First of all, I needed a travelling companion. So I kidnapped a Horgan Gnome. He's the one who always moons us as we exit their house. So I called him "Gmoony".

Here he is with my kidnapping accomplices.



Crossing over the border into Indiana


Playing hide and seek behind my diet coke.

This was a God-send. I was feeling really sleepy and while I don't like caffeine I knew I wouldn't make it without something to keep me awake. In Harrsion where I work there's a Shell Station with a Circle-K store and they sell these giant pops for 59 cents. I was longing for one of those...I figured I'd just settle for a drive through pop at a Wendy's. So I pulled off at the next exit...Well, there sat a Shell station/Circle-K! Wooohooo! They charged 10 cents more than here...But still...Look at the size of that! And better still - they had caffeine Free diet coke that I mixed with regular diet so I'd get a wake up but not climb the walls.

Inspecting...

For bed bugs at the hotel...

We were clean...

So we slept well.

Checking morning e-mail.

At lunch with my new friends from the church that hosted the conference.

These folks were the nicest people in the world. They welcomed me in like I had been one of their own for years. It's funny how there are no strangers in the Kingdom of God. The lady there in between the guy and the woman in red was neat. When I met her, her face looked tired. She was having a hard time finding where God was in her life, where he was in her difficulties. But by the end He had shown up in such a real way for her that her whole countenance changed. Her cheeks had color, her eyes were shining and she looked at peace. She told me she had a breakthrough...And it came just by prayer over her and her taking some time to rest in the presence of God's love. He must have spoken really great stuff to her! I was so concerned that she would leave that conference dissapointed. But God always shows up!

Me and the Bethel Sozo team...Theresa, Dawna, Deborah and Susan.

Gmoony has been safely returned to his gnome garden at the Horgans. He had fun too. He wanted to meet the Sozo folks but I was concerned he would frighten them. So he stayed in my backpack. I did get Kevin the autograph he wanted - even though I felt goofy for asking!


I am glad to be home amongst my own, but it was a good visit to extended family and friends!


Comments

Unknown said…
You slept with another man! Does Denny know?
Helen Ann said…
He will if he reads my blog!
melanie said…
Polar Pops are the best! We've turned many people on to the 50 cent gems. Jonah was introducing his friend to them and his friend was filling his cup with ice. Jonah flipped out. Crushed ice is the only way to go!
Did you notice that they have a cubed ice dispenser and a crushed ice dispenser? Always, always crushed ice here!
Gmoony. I keep trying and can't pronounce it. It's frustrating.
Helen Ann said…
I didnt realize they had two ice options...thanks for the info!

"Gmoony"...The G is silent...just like in "Gnome" :)
melanie said…
It is not Wednesday and even without looking at your blog, I find myself trying to say 'gmoony'. I got up in the middle of the night just to find myself walking back to bed practicing that dang word.
Greeatt...
Unknown said…
So, did you go all the way to Redding, California?
DanThoms said…
You had better keep that garden gnome away from my garden gnomes. He looks like he would be a bad influence.
Helen Ann said…
Lori - I went to Robinson, Illinois where the folks from Redding California were. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Relationship vs. evidence

Emerging....