Renaissance Fest 2008


Today we played hookey from church and went to the Ohio Ren Fest. It was a great day for it - after it warmed up! I was glad I had the cloak that my mommy made for me...Here are some photos and video from the day. For more check out Steve's Blog!


Carol was attracted to the shiny things. Here she admired some hand made crystal ornaments.




I wanted to get a set of the elf ears that the girl has on the right. But they were a bit pricey. And I figure my own ears are pretty elfin on their own and don't need much help.



Steve and I were forced into a dual using what were called "Safer Swords". It was fun! But somehow Steve sustained an injury on his finger. So maybe they aren't as safe as they say!



Falsely accused. That's all I have to say...


MUD SHOW!


The guy who owns this hand has been doing mud shows at the Ohio Ren Fest for 19 years.

This guy was a riot! He made a bologna sandwhich with his feet and here he is juggling swords while standing on a hobby horse.

But that was only a warm up for what he did with Denny - who bravely volunteered without knowing what he was getting into...



On our way back to the highway we stopped at an Amish shop and bought good food, including this whoopie pie which has about 1,000 calories in it!



The shop next door was a flea market run by none other than Chad Vader!



Good Times!

When was your last adventure with friends and family?




Comments

Unknown said…
My last adventure was yesterday with some awesome peeps!
Helen Ann said…
Awwww! Me too!

Popular posts from this blog

Relationship vs. evidence

Alan Alda's seven quick questions

Why Good People Stay