Mousecapades

Our church meets at a movie theatre on Sundays. It's a pretty decent little place. At least it's a roof over our heads. But we do have interesting things that happen sometimes because of our environment.

Today we had a little visitor...He looked something like this:


Trying to catch a mouse is quite a fiasco...This one kept teasing us. He would run out when no one was behind the candy counter (where we serve coffee from), then disappear behind the popcorn maker...And I do mean, he disappeared...


He ran under here, but was nowhere to be seen. 5 minutes later he appeared behind us, and started to crawl up a power cord. He was quite an acrobatic little guy!

Finally, Jonah and I had him cornered.

...And Jonah had a plan...


Score!



Here he is!



Since we're a kinder, gentler church, we released our little friend.




Did I tell you he was quite an acrobat?



We do wish our friend well. We asked him not to come back to the theatre because not everyone is as nice as we are. Next time he might not have a second chance at life. We think he understood. He found some nice berries on the tree he climbed so we left him to find his way.

And that is a day in the life of Vineyard Westside!

Comments

melanie said…
You're GREAT! Jonah told us the story over dinner. Yes, Danbarry is a quite interesting place. I heard all the stories about the mens' bathroom over dinner also.
Earlier, I told Jon & Jonah that on the way home I had to turn around in someone's driveway and a cat ran across the street with a mouse in it's mouth. It was then that I heard the Vineyard mouse story. I hope the two stories aren't related!
melanie said…
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have told you about the cat. Sorry.
From one animal lover to another,
melanie
Kelly said…
Doug didn't tell me about our little visitor. Glad you could catch him. Hope he has made some friends out there in the wild!
Helen Ann said…
Melanie - It was Jonah's strategy that saved the day. :) I dont think the cat and mouse story are related...Our mouse has a special anointing :)

Kelly - I hope he made some friends too!

Popular posts from this blog

Relationship vs. evidence

Alan Alda's seven quick questions

Why Good People Stay